Use these key talking points to help guide conversations or form questions for Republican Members and candidates.
THE HOUSE REPUBLICAN REPEAL & RIPOFF BILL
- Raises out-of-pocket costs for hardworking families by increasing premiums, deductibles and the cost of prescription drugs.
- Rips away health insurance from 23 million Americans.
- Imposes an age tax on Americans aged 50 to 64 years old by forcing them to pay premiums five times higher than what others pay.
- Eliminates guaranteed protection for people with pre-existing conditions like cancer, asthma, diabetes or pregnancy.
HOUSE REPUBLICANS WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, REGARDLESS OF THEIR VOTE
- No House Republican gets a pass, even if they voted “no” on the floor.
- This is a serious political liability for all Republicans – and it’s our job to ensure that every House Republicans pays a price for this.
- Remember that fourteen targeted House Republicans already voted for this bill in the Budget, Ways & Means or Energy and Commerce Committees.
- Some of them switched their votes, but without their support in Committee this bill would never have become a reality. They own it.
- It’s also important to remember that nearly all House Republicans voted in January to initiate the partisan, backdoor repeal process.